ABILENE, Texas - The success of Abilene youth golfer Wyatt Nickson continues on the national stage, after the 10 year old punched his ticket to the National Drive, Chip, and Putt contest.
Nickson, who won the regional tournament in The Woodlands over the weekend, will represent Abilene and the state of Texas during the 2018 Masters Tournament in Augusta, GA this coming April.
This all coming after finishing second in the regional event last year.
Nickson has been a competitor in many local golf tournaments over the last couple of years, including stops by the AJGA.
- Over 90 Abilene streets receive worst possible condition rating
- Abilene man reportedly bound with tape, forced into trunk at apartment complex
- Abilene man arrested for pointing gun at family, firing, fighting with police
- Judge to decide on motion to toss evidence in Niblo murder case
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- BBB warns of fraudulent shopping sites during Holiday season
- Ex-Brownwood High soccer coach accused of having sex with student pleads guilty, sentenced
- Brownwood woman arrested on homicide-related warrant out of Missouri
- Chantay Blankinship known at club for kind, endearing soul
- Balloon release held to celebrate Chantay Blankinship's birthday
- UPDATE: 911 'back up and running' in Brown County
- Blankinship's family says they can begin healing after suspect's arrest
- Warrant: Murder suspect 'drunk' when he drove over victim at Taylor County ranch
- Goldsboro man, 71, charged with murder at Big Country ranch south of Abilene
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country