ABILENE, Texas - Carol Hutson, Abilene's only practicing midwife according to the Texas Midwifery Association, has died.
According to Hutson's online profile, she practiced midwifery in the Big Country for more than 30 years.
We spoke with the owner of Abilene Birth & Doula Associates, who says to her knowledge, there are currently three women in the area training to become midwives.
At this time, the Association of Texas Midwives shows the only other working midwives in our region to be Kelly Miller, who practices out of San Angelo, and Betsy Robinett, who practices out of DeLeon.
- Over 90 Abilene streets receive worst possible condition rating
- Abilene man reportedly bound with tape, forced into trunk at apartment complex
- Abilene man arrested for pointing gun at family, firing, fighting with police
- Judge to decide on motion to toss evidence in Niblo murder case
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- BBB warns of fraudulent shopping sites during Holiday season
- Brownwood fugitive declines extradition for homicide-related charges
- Ex-Brownwood High soccer coach accused of having sex with student pleads guilty, sentenced
- Brownwood woman arrested on homicide-related warrant out of Missouri
- Chantay Blankinship known at club for kind, endearing soul
- Balloon release held to celebrate Chantay Blankinship's birthday
- UPDATE: 911 'back up and running' in Brown County
- Warrant: Murder suspect 'drunk' when he drove over victim at Taylor County ranch
- Goldsboro man, 71, charged with murder at Big Country ranch south of Abilene
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country