ABILENE, Texas - A driver fell asleep and the tractor-trailer they were driving overturned while traveling west on I-20 near mile marker 287.
The crash happened around 12:30 a.m. Wednesday.
According to Abilene police officer Chris Bisbee, the driver and passenger weren't injured during the crash. They were released from the scene.
I-20 was shut down as traffic was diverted to east Overland Trail. Drivers were able to get back on the interstate just before West Lake Road, Bisbee said.
- Brownwood ISD considering random drug testing for extracurricular activities
- Abilene murder victim's family: Suspect shouldn't have chance to get out
- AISD announces principal change at Abilene High School
- Colorado City correctional facility facing closure under proposed budget
- KTXS Forecast: Windy afternoon with building storm chances tonight.
- Fundraising continues for families of victims in deadly Haskell County crash
- Liquor store owner wants Abilene City Council to extend alcohol sales
- Taylor County board meets for first time since commissioner's arrest
- TxDOT paying for school zone sign near Victory Life Academy
- Brown County zookeeper wants rollback of ban on exotic animals