DEL RIO, Texas - An Amber Alert for a 22-month-old Del Rio boy has been discontinued – and the 48-year-old man sought in connection with his abduction has been arrested.
According to the City of Del Rio, the U.S. Marshal Service and Midland Police Department SWAT found the alleged abductor, Daniel Eugene Jones, in Midland. He was arrested just after 2 p.m.
The child was taken into custody by Midland police. Plans were to release him to a family member.
An Amber Alert has been issued for a 22-month-old Del Rio boy – and police are looking for a 48-year-old man in connection with his abduction.
The boy – Aiden Colton Jones – is described as 2 feet tall, 25 pounds, with brown hair, hazel eyes, and wearing a white baseball shirt with blue sleeves, camo shorts and shoes.
“Law enforcement officials believe this child to be in grave or immediate danger,” the alert says.
Police say his alleged abductor is Daniel Eugene Jones, a white man described as “5-feet-10-inches tall, 270 pounds, bald, blue eyes and wearing a black Star Wars shirt, blue jeans and white shoes.”
Jones is driving a gray, 1998 Chevrolet Silverado, with a Texas temporary license plate number. The suspect was last heard from in Del Rio.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Del Rio Police Department at (830) 774-8591.
- Police: Texas man fractured baby girl's skull while trying to punch child's mother
- Updated Records: Woman attempted to cross Texas-Mexico border bridge with cocaine strapped to thigh
- AC/DC founding member Malcolm Young dead at 64
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene & the Big Country
- Abilene police may use DNA-based composites to solve crimes
- Police continuing search for Abilene car chase suspect
- Mission Thanksgiving kicks off for 19th year
- Former Abilene ISD teacher indicted for biting autistic student
- Two indicted for July murder of Abilene teen
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- 26 indicted by Taylor County grand jury
- Blankinship's family says they can begin healing after suspect's arrest
- Pastor describes Ryan Riggs' murder confession at Brownwood church
- Brown County Sheriff: Murder suspect wasn't ‘on radar' until composite sketch released
- Brownwood murder suspect shared Facebook posts about victim in days after her death
- Parents of Brownwood murder victim break down in tears when talking about arrest of alleged killer
- Sheriff: Brownwood man confesses in church to killing Chantay Blankinship
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country
- 106-year-old train depot in Snyder torn down
- Superintendent: Student detained after terroristic threat in Hawley ISD
- Wednesday rainfall totals: Big Country areas register up to 1.5 inches of rain