MERKEL, Texas - Update 10:05 p.m. Wedneday: The Merkel Police Department has confirmed that Zoey Limon, the 13-year-old reported missing Wednesday, was found safe inside a home in Merkel.
Phillip Conklin with MPD said Limon was found safe at a house in the 1,000 block of South 7th Street in Merkel. She was transferred to the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.
Conklin said that police are still sifting through the "tremendous amount of data that has been received" and that many questions remain unanswered.
He added that no criminal charges have been filed on any of the individuals identified in the Amber Alert at this time. He said future charges haven't been ruled out, but that the priority was locating Limon.
The Amber Alert for 13-year-old Zoey Alexis Limon of Merkel has been discontinued, according to the Texas Department of Public Safety.
Merkel police located the three suspects accused in her kidnapping at a house on South 32nd in Abilene.
Zoey was not at the house. DPS said she had been found as of 3:41 p.m. But at 4:15 p.m., Merkel police told KTXS that while the Amber Alert has been canceled, Zoey is still missing. They say the case does not meet the requirements for an Amber Alert.
Her mother was taken in for questioning. No arrests have been made at this point.
KTXS will continue to follow this breaking story and bring you any updates as soon as they become available.
Merkel police have issued an Amber Alert for a missing teenager.
Police believe Zoey Alexis Limon, 13, was kidnapped by her mother, Adryana Elizabeth Limon, 33, and two men.
GALLERY --> http://www.ktxs.com/434722389
Adryana was arrested Saturday in Sweetwater on a warrant out of Taylor County for possession of methamphetamine.
On Tuesday, a district judge in Abilene granted temporary custody of Zoey to CPS.
When Adryana bonded out of the Taylor County Jail on Tuesday evening, she was picked up by her daughter and two men, Joe Damien Valdez, 18, who police say Zoey considers her boyfriend, and Jimmy Wayne McQueen, 25.
Police say Adryana has an extensive drug history and a tendency to become violent. They believe she may have given drugs to her daughter.
Police say the four may be traveling in a tan 1996 Chevrolet Suburban with Texas license plate HRF7519.
If you see Zoey, her mom, the two men or the SUV, please call Merkel Police or 911.
Zoey Alexis Limon
“Princess” tattoo on her wrist
Last seen wearing a black t-shirt, black pants with Converse shoes
She is known to wear black framed glasses
Adryana Elizabeth Limon
Joe Damien Valdez
Jimmy Wayne McQueen
- Police: Texas man fractured baby girl's skull while trying to punch child's mother
- Updated Records: Woman attempted to cross Texas-Mexico border bridge with cocaine strapped to thigh
- AC/DC founding member Malcolm Young dead at 64
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene & the Big Country
- Abilene police may use DNA-based composites to solve crimes
- Police continuing search for Abilene car chase suspect
- Mission Thanksgiving kicks off for 19th year
- Former Abilene ISD teacher indicted for biting autistic student
- Two indicted for July murder of Abilene teen
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- 26 indicted by Taylor County grand jury
- Blankinship's family says they can begin healing after suspect's arrest
- Pastor describes Ryan Riggs' murder confession at Brownwood church
- Brown County Sheriff: Murder suspect wasn't ‘on radar' until composite sketch released
- Brownwood murder suspect shared Facebook posts about victim in days after her death
- Parents of Brownwood murder victim break down in tears when talking about arrest of alleged killer
- Sheriff: Brownwood man confesses in church to killing Chantay Blankinship
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country
- 106-year-old train depot in Snyder torn down
- Superintendent: Student detained after terroristic threat in Hawley ISD
- Wednesday rainfall totals: Big Country areas register up to 1.5 inches of rain