RICHARDSON, Texas - Richardson police have arrested the father of a missing 3-year-old at the center of an Amber Alert.
Wesley Mathews, father of Sherin Mathews, is charged with abandoning or endangering a child.
Sherin was last seen Saturday morning by her father outside the family’s backyard in the 900 block of Sunningdale.
She is 3-feet tall and weighs 22 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. Police said Sherin suffers from developmental issues and has limited verbal communication skills.
She was last seen wearing a pink top, black pajama bottoms.
Police she is in grave or immediate danger.
If you see Matthews or know where to find her, please call 911 or the Richardson Police Department at 972-744-4800.
- Local church hosts car show to help victims of Hurricane Harvey
- DACA advocates march in front of Abilene City Hall
- Local officers collected tips at Red Robin for Special Olympics Texas
- Busch Jewelers in Abilene going out of business after 73 years
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Wanted: 10 fugitives sought by Abilene police
- Former HPU nursing school dean responds to students' lawsuits
- Brownwood man sentenced to 20 years in connection with 8-year-old boy's death
- Samuel Juarez Jr. guilty of manslaughter in death of Brownwood boy
- Ft. Hood soldier who led Brown County deputies on chase turns himself in
- Day 1 wraps for murder trial of Brownwood hit-and-run suspect
- Murder trial begins Tuesday for Brownwood hit-and-run suspect
- Anson man indicted for indecency with a child
- 2 arrested for allegedly distributing meth across 3 counties
- Hawley residents blame road conditions on FM 3326 for fatal crash
- Austin couple arrested in Winters for 234 pounds of marijuana
- Snyder man arrested for indecency with child
- Woodson ISD launches investigation into superintendent's sudden resignation