ARLINGTON, Texas - A person familiar with the deal says the Texas Rangers have an agreement in place to acquire right-hander Matt Garza from the Chicago Cubs.
There were numerous reports Monday, all citing major league or unidentified sources, that Texas had a deal to acquire the pitcher they have long coveted in exchange for top prospect third baseman Mike Olt and other players.
Final details were still being worked out, according to the person who spoke on condition of anonymity to The Associated Press on Monday night because no official announcement had been made.
Garza had been scheduled to pitch for the Cubs on Monday night against the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Updated Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Updated Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Updated Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- Updated New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen
- Updated Texas man charged with beheading wife after police visit