SAN ANGELO, Texas - The girlfriend of Robert Miller says he’s the one responsible for killing Naomi Miller and burying her body at the old San Angelo Speedway after a fight.
Robert was arrested March 2 and charged with Naomi Miller’s murder after investigators spoke to his family.
The remains of Naomi Miller, Robert’s former wife, were found by the Tom Green County Sheriff’s Office around 1:30 a.m. Wednesday. Naomi had been missing since 2015, but no one had seen her since 2005.
Court documents obtained by KTXS through an open records request state that the sheriff’s office spoke to Miller’s girlfriend, LuDonna Gail Yoder, on March 1. She said she witnessed Robert and Naomi get into a fight in Dec. 2005.
Robert and Naomi went into the bedroom and Robert came out carrying what LuDonna thought was Naomi's body wrapped in a sheet.
The Sheriff's Office then interviewed Robert Miller, who confirmed the fight but claimed Naomi left with an unknown boyfriend afterward.
According to the documents, on May 13, 2015, a person named Toni reported Naomi had been missing since 2005. Toni said she was worried Naomi “may have met with foul play at the hands of her husband, Robert.”
A week later, the Sheriff’s Office interviewed Robert’s family members, who said he had “made comments about killing Naomi … and hiding her body under his residence.”
On June 3, 2015, cadaver dogs alerted to the presence of human remains and/or decomposition at the home. The sheriff’s office found a shallow grave with carpet fibers mixed into the soil beneath the kitchen, but no human remains were discovered, according to an affidavit. Investigators did located “an unusual modification to the kitchen floor to allow access” to the grave.
Naomi was officially listed as missing on Oct. 18, 2015.
- Brownwood ISD considering random drug testing for extracurricular activities
- Abilene murder victim's family: Suspect shouldn't have chance to get out
- AISD announces principal change at Abilene High School
- Colorado City correctional facility facing closure under proposed budget
- KTXS Forecast: Windy afternoon with building storm chances tonight.
- Fundraising continues for families of victims in deadly Haskell County crash
- Liquor store owner wants Abilene City Council to extend alcohol sales
- Taylor County board meets for first time since commissioner's arrest
- TxDOT paying for school zone sign near Victory Life Academy
- Brown County zookeeper wants rollback of ban on exotic animals