ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) - - Josh Donaldson, Chris Young and Josh Reddick all homered and the AL West-leading Oakland Athletics completed a three-game sweep of the chasing and slumping Texas Rangers with a 5-1 win Sunday.
Oakland took a commanding 6Â½-game division lead with two weeks left after the final regular-season series between the AL West's top two teams. The A's have won five in a row and 13 of 16 overall.
Texas is 2-11 in September after beginning the month with a two-game division lead. The Rangers lost their sixth in row, all at home - this was their first winless homestand of at least six games since moving to Texas in 1972.
The Rangers and Tampa Bay are tied for the two AL wild-card spots in a rapidly tightening race. Texas starts a four-game series at Tropicana Field on Monday.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated