ABILENE, TX - Some Saturday night speedway action here in Abilene as the ASCS Lone Star sprint car tour made its stop at Abilene speedway.
KTXS took a trip down to the quarter mile dirt oval, to see what all the commotion was about.
The regional tour that covers most of Texas, features a handful of drivers also on the national tour, and they put on weekly events for fans all across the state.
the stands were packed as these 800 horsepower open wheel dirt cars took to the track as a part of their local west Texas swing, that included Lubbock last night.
One racer who's making her presence known in the sprint car world says she's excited to be here in Abilene to put on a great show.
- Updated Panel could recommend scrapping STAAR tests
- Updated Video shows man using stolen credit card at Abilene store
- Updated Wanted Wednesday: Man, 21, sought by Abilene police
- Updated Texas Border Patrol agents save nearly 40 immigrants
- Updated Cash Saver renovating property for new Abilene location