ABILENE, TX - Some Saturday night speedway action here in Abilene as the ASCS Lone Star sprint car tour made its stop at Abilene speedway.
KTXS took a trip down to the quarter mile dirt oval, to see what all the commotion was about.
The regional tour that covers most of Texas, features a handful of drivers also on the national tour, and they put on weekly events for fans all across the state.
the stands were packed as these 800 horsepower open wheel dirt cars took to the track as a part of their local west Texas swing, that included Lubbock last night.
One racer who's making her presence known in the sprint car world says she's excited to be here in Abilene to put on a great show.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Updated Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- 3 suspects sought by Abilene police
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth