ABILENE, TX - Some Saturday night speedway action here in Abilene as the ASCS Lone Star sprint car tour made its stop at Abilene speedway.
KTXS took a trip down to the quarter mile dirt oval, to see what all the commotion was about.
The regional tour that covers most of Texas, features a handful of drivers also on the national tour, and they put on weekly events for fans all across the state.
the stands were packed as these 800 horsepower open wheel dirt cars took to the track as a part of their local west Texas swing, that included Lubbock last night.
One racer who's making her presence known in the sprint car world says she's excited to be here in Abilene to put on a great show.
- Updated DISH Network subscribers lose access to KTXS, ABC38, MeTV programming
- Updated Obama commutes sentence of Chelsea Manning
- Colorado City vet seriously injured in crash, fundraising effort underway
- Police: 2 children taken in 1985 found, mom arrested in Texas
- Video shows dog chained to open trailer on highway
- Abilene firefighters attack early morning fire
- Abilene trailer park tenants receive water termination notice
- Police investigating north Abilene burglary, witnesses give description
- Man arrested after leading police on chase in north Abilene
- Girl scouts pick up thousands of boxes of cookies for 2017 season
- Brown County Youth Fair steer auctioned for record $15,000
- Brownwood holds 5th annual MLK Day parade, ceremony
- Brown County fire department asking for help buying new truck
- Woman convicted of murdering Abilene police officer files appeal
- Clyde family seeks memorial quilt accidentally donated to Goodwill