ABILENE, TX - Some Saturday night speedway action here in Abilene as the ASCS Lone Star sprint car tour made its stop at Abilene speedway.
KTXS took a trip down to the quarter mile dirt oval, to see what all the commotion was about.
The regional tour that covers most of Texas, features a handful of drivers also on the national tour, and they put on weekly events for fans all across the state.
the stands were packed as these 800 horsepower open wheel dirt cars took to the track as a part of their local west Texas swing, that included Lubbock last night.
One racer who's making her presence known in the sprint car world says she's excited to be here in Abilene to put on a great show.
- Updated Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Severe weather possible tonight, sunshine back tomorrow
- Updated Texas high school transgender wrestler wins regional title
- Updated Man arrested for slaying of Caldwell County woman
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide