ABILENE, TX - Some Saturday night speedway action here in Abilene as the ASCS Lone Star sprint car tour made its stop at Abilene speedway.
KTXS took a trip down to the quarter mile dirt oval, to see what all the commotion was about.
The regional tour that covers most of Texas, features a handful of drivers also on the national tour, and they put on weekly events for fans all across the state.
the stands were packed as these 800 horsepower open wheel dirt cars took to the track as a part of their local west Texas swing, that included Lubbock last night.
One racer who's making her presence known in the sprint car world says she's excited to be here in Abilene to put on a great show.
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Phoenix-area woman finds 7-foot-long snake near trash
- Updated Man on Texas death row for killing 2 loses appeal
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed