RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - A man calling 911 in North Carolina told the operator he woke up from a dream and found his wife stabbed to death in their bedroom.
Raleigh Police charged 28-year-old Matthew Phelps with murder Friday after he made the emergency call.
In the 911 call, Phelps told the operator he took more cold medicine then he should have and woke up after his dream with blood all over him and a knife on the bed he shared with his wife.
PHOTOS OF COUPLE --> http://www.ktxs.com/616734829
Authorities say 29-year-old Lauren Ashley-Nicole Phelps was dead from stab wounds.
Toward the end of the seven-minute 911 call, Matthew Phelps started sobbing, saying his wife didn't deserve this.
It wasn't known if he had a lawyer.
- 1 killed, 2 injured in I-20 crash near Colorado City
- $14.25 million lottery prize claimed two days before ticket bought in Abilene expired
- Former Texas teacher arrested for inappropriate relationship with a minor
- Viral photo shows baby on Santa's lap giving sign for 'help'
- KTXS Forecast: Warmer Wednesday weather
- Fake City of Abilene Facebook page removed, unclear who took it down
- Abilene police chief calls solving year-old murder of Abilene realtor ‘very high priority'
- Shipping deadlines quickly approaching for Christmas
- Abilene police buy presents for 'Operation Blue Santa'
- Abilene house fire leaves $30,000 in damages
- City of Abilene asks public for feedback on Lake Kirby
- Brown County veteran being sued by hospital for unpaid fees
- Brown County capital murder suspect waives arriagnment
- Former Brown County teacher arrested for having improper relationship with student
- Brownwood holds its annual Lighted Christmas Parade
- Records: Brown County game warden fired for sending nude photos, racist text messages
- Old Brownwood fire station sold to make way for fast food restaurant
- Ranger College releases settlement with former professor over sexual harassment allegations
- Fire engulfs trailer house in Tye
- Stamford's James Washington claims Biletnikoff Award as nation's best receiver
- 27 indicted by Taylor County grand jury
- DPS identifies construction worker killed by 18-wheeler on I-20 in Sweetwater
- Mother of Big Country sexual assault victim speaks out