AUSTIN, Texas - Ever wanted to own your own downtown Austin live music venue? Now's your chance--just log into eBay.
The Parish, located at 214 E. 6th Street, will be listed on the online auction site starting at noon on Friday, December 1. Bids will start at $1, and the auction will run through noon on December 10.
The 5,300 sq. ft. venue has a capacity of 425 people.
“Although selling The Parish was a hard decision to make, I am excited about the future and to see what change new owners can bring to both the venue and Austin’s beloved live music landscape,” says Doug Guller, CEO of ATX Brands. “From a live music perspective, nothing has ever been sold this way in Austin. With a starting bid of just $1, I wanted to offer a fair playing field from the start for music-lovers of all types to own a piece of true music history in the Live Music Capital of the World.”
The buyer will also assume a 12-year lease with two five-year renewal options, Guller told Billboard. Additionally, there is an option to include the current TABC license, with renewal in early 2018.
- Warrant: Abilene man used cell phone to force girl into sex for 4 years
- Abilene police: Elderly man paid to watch, have sex with teens
- Prostitution bust at north Abilene massage parlor
- Abilene police arrest Grinch who tried to steal Christmas
- Salvation Army needs your help this holiday season
- Taylor County Sheriff's Office behind the wheel for simulator training
- Man arrested in Brownwood's largest meth bust gets indicted
- City of Early declines using taxpayer funds to pay for lobbyist
- Thousands of toys and dollars collected at Brownwood toy drive
- Brownwood approves retaining a lobbyist after 2 people speak up against it
- Ranger College releases settlement with former professor over sexual harassment allegations
- Brown County veteran being sued by hospital for unpaid fees
- Clyde man indicted for sexual assault
- Dallas Cowboys apologize to Coleman family for mistreatment of their handicapped daughter
- Big County couple says AT&T Stadium mistreated their handicapped daughter
- 1 killed, 2 injured in I-20 crash near Colorado City
- After 5-1 school board vote, Chris Hagler's contract renewed with Anson
- Stamford's James Washington claims Biletnikoff Award as nation's best receiver