ABILENE, Texas - Abilene real estate agent Thomas Niblo was shot a total of eight times early Dec. 12 inside his Woodridge Drive home, according to new documents obtained Friday by KTXS.
A preliminary autopsy report from the Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office says Niblo was killed by being struck in his head, face, abdomen, torso, left and right extremities, and left and right legs.
That autopsy report confirms Niblo’s death as a homicide and is another piece of the Abilene Police Department’s investigation into the 54-year-old’s death.
Police have obtained multiple search warrants in the investigation, and have obtained hundreds of pieces of information, according to a release from APD.
Among that evidence is a batch of guns seized from a warehouse under the control of 45-year-old Luke Sweetser, Niblo’s brother-in-law. Police say Abilene attorney Randy Wilson reported those guns had been stolen from him. Sweetser was arrested for theft of a firearm on Dec. 14. APD said the arrest was in connection with the murder. Sweetser has not been charged with any other crime at this time, and is currently being held on a $400,000 bond.
Additional search warrants were filed for Sweetser’s phone records, along with the phone records belonging to Elloise Sweetser, Niblo’s sister.
Another person was named in the course of the investigation after investigators filed a warrant for records and GPS data of a phone belonging to Clay Brummett of Fort Worth. An affidavit obtained by KTXS states that Brummett is the ex-boyfriend of one of Niblo’s daughters. The document also states that Brummett contacted Niblo about the failed relationship a few weeks before Niblo’s death.
Brummett has not been criminally charged.
Police are continuing the investigation.
- House on Hartford Street in Abilene 'total loss' after Monday fire
- Abilene City Council ready to hear construction update on Fire Station #4
- Dyess captain up for Air Force Entertainer of the Year
- Abilene K-9 ‘medically' retires after impressive career
- Firefighters say sparks caused north Abilene business fire