BALLINGER, Texas - A Ballinger city employee was killed Wednesday while operating heavy equipment in the 300 block of 8th Street.
Rickey Nombrano, who had worked for the city for nearly 10 years, was called a “dedicated and loyal co-worker, leader and friend” by Ballinger City Manager Bryan Grimes.
PHOTOS --> http://www.ktxs.com/624511604
“The City of Ballinger is heartbroken by this tragic loss, and our deepest sympathies go out to his family and friends, including the many people he worked with here at the city,” Grimes said in a news release.
Meanwhile, Grimes said the city is providing grief counseling for “family members, employees, and staff as we mourn this loss.”
KTXS will provide additional details as they become available.
- 1 killed, 2 injured in I-20 crash near Colorado City
- $14.25 million lottery prize claimed two days before ticket bought in Abilene expired
- Former Texas teacher arrested for inappropriate relationship with a minor
- Viral photo shows baby on Santa's lap giving sign for 'help'
- Officials: Texas man posing as film director made child porn
- Fake City of Abilene Facebook page removed, unclear who took it down
- Abilene police chief calls solving year-old murder of Abilene realtor ‘very high priority'
- Shipping deadlines quickly approaching for Christmas
- Abilene police buy presents for 'Operation Blue Santa'
- Abilene house fire leaves $30,000 in damages
- City of Abilene asks public for feedback on Lake Kirby
- Brown County veteran being sued by hospital for unpaid fees
- Brown County capital murder suspect waives arriagnment
- Former Brown County teacher arrested for having improper relationship with student
- Brownwood holds its annual Lighted Christmas Parade
- Records: Brown County game warden fired for sending nude photos, racist text messages
- Old Brownwood fire station sold to make way for fast food restaurant
- Ranger College releases settlement with former professor over sexual harassment allegations
- Fire engulfs trailer house in Tye
- Stamford's James Washington claims Biletnikoff Award as nation's best receiver
- 27 indicted by Taylor County grand jury
- DPS identifies construction worker killed by 18-wheeler on I-20 in Sweetwater
- Mother of Big Country sexual assault victim speaks out