ARLINGTON, Texas - Lance Berkman is back in the Texas Rangers' clubhouse, and still on the disabled list.
Berkman said Friday that he and team officials are re-evaluating his next step. He played four minor league rehab games in a five-day stretch before the scheduled day off for him Thursday.
Berkman has been out since July 7 with left hip inflammation and his sore right knee.
General manager Jon Daniels says Berkman ran well, even with the ongoing issues with his hip and surgically repaired knee.
Daniels says Berkman can help the Rangers. The question is if he can be in an everyday role.
Berkman has repeatedly said his concern is competing at his highest level possible to be a positive piece for the team.
- Updated Lowe's Heroes gives back to the Disabled American Veterans
- Updated Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Updated Cooper High School holds 2nd annual car show to benefit band
- Updated Texas man stung to death by bees
- Updated Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi