ARLINGTON, Texas - Lance Berkman is back in the Texas Rangers' clubhouse, and still on the disabled list.
Berkman said Friday that he and team officials are re-evaluating his next step. He played four minor league rehab games in a five-day stretch before the scheduled day off for him Thursday.
Berkman has been out since July 7 with left hip inflammation and his sore right knee.
General manager Jon Daniels says Berkman ran well, even with the ongoing issues with his hip and surgically repaired knee.
Daniels says Berkman can help the Rangers. The question is if he can be in an everyday role.
Berkman has repeatedly said his concern is competing at his highest level possible to be a positive piece for the team.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- Brookesmith school board selects interim superintendent
- Victim testifies against former chief in Anson sexual assault trial
- Clyde Intermediate School teachers save student from choking