ARLINGTON, Texas - Lance Berkman is back in the Texas Rangers' clubhouse, and still on the disabled list.
Berkman said Friday that he and team officials are re-evaluating his next step. He played four minor league rehab games in a five-day stretch before the scheduled day off for him Thursday.
Berkman has been out since July 7 with left hip inflammation and his sore right knee.
General manager Jon Daniels says Berkman ran well, even with the ongoing issues with his hip and surgically repaired knee.
Daniels says Berkman can help the Rangers. The question is if he can be in an everyday role.
Berkman has repeatedly said his concern is competing at his highest level possible to be a positive piece for the team.
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget