ABILENE, Texas - April 23 is World Book Night and thousands of people volunteered their time to help spread the love of reading.
One Big Country women volunteered her time on the Hardin-Simmons University campus.
Word Book Night is about giving books and encouraging those who have lost the love of reading or have yet to gain it to pick up a book.
Jennifer Rodman a catalog assistant at the Hardin-Simmons University library said it's the perfect opportunity to get people thrilled about reading.
"I think it's a great opportunity to get more people excited about reading and the adventure you can find in a book, said Rodman.
She said reading can relive stress, take you places, and give you a new outlook on life.
Rodman gave away twenty copies of "Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet."
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS