BUFFALO GAP, Texas - A well-known Big Country man is quickly becoming a well-known Texan.
Texas Highways Magazine just named eight to their "Extraordinary Texans" list. Buffalo Gap's own Tom Perini was named as one of the eight.
Perini is the owner of the successful Perini Ranch Steakhouse, just southwest of the town of Buffalo Gap.
Perini opened the restaurant in 1983 and has seen it grow in both size and popularity ever since. The restaurant's reputation was certainly helped when then President George W. Bush chose Perini to cater many of his events.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- Brookesmith school board selects interim superintendent
- Victim testifies against former chief in Anson sexual assault trial
- Clyde Intermediate School teachers save student from choking