RANGER, Texas - One person died and five others are listed in critical condition following a Saturday crash near Ranger in Eastland County.
According to the Department of Public Safety, 43-year-old Bennie Lee Wright of Dallas was traveling at a high rate of speed on I-20 south of Ranger when his car left the roadway, went airborne off an overpass and then struck a concrete embankment.
A passenger, 47-year-old Gary Lee Dickerson died as a result. Wright is listed in serious condition at a local hospital as are the other passengers: 43-year-old Larry Barnard Wright, 40-year-old Demitrice Lashon McLemore, 31-year-old Earl C. Smith and 30-year-old Kevin Jerome Dickerson. All are from Dallas.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth