RANGER, Texas - One person died and five others are listed in critical condition following a Saturday crash near Ranger in Eastland County.
According to the Department of Public Safety, 43-year-old Bennie Lee Wright of Dallas was traveling at a high rate of speed on I-20 south of Ranger when his car left the roadway, went airborne off an overpass and then struck a concrete embankment.
A passenger, 47-year-old Gary Lee Dickerson died as a result. Wright is listed in serious condition at a local hospital as are the other passengers: 43-year-old Larry Barnard Wright, 40-year-old Demitrice Lashon McLemore, 31-year-old Earl C. Smith and 30-year-old Kevin Jerome Dickerson. All are from Dallas.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Updated KTXS Forecast: A fire danger Tuesday with very warm and windy conditions
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Updated Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck