RANGER, Texas - One person died and five others are listed in critical condition following a Saturday crash near Ranger in Eastland County.
According to the Department of Public Safety, 43-year-old Bennie Lee Wright of Dallas was traveling at a high rate of speed on I-20 south of Ranger when his car left the roadway, went airborne off an overpass and then struck a concrete embankment.
A passenger, 47-year-old Gary Lee Dickerson died as a result. Wright is listed in serious condition at a local hospital as are the other passengers: 43-year-old Larry Barnard Wright, 40-year-old Demitrice Lashon McLemore, 31-year-old Earl C. Smith and 30-year-old Kevin Jerome Dickerson. All are from Dallas.
- Updated Girl, 8, gets $10K scholarship to University of North Texas after video
- Updated Two-headed rat snake gets new home at Central Texas zoo
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Perfect weather for coming weekend
- Man recants story about road rage incident near Abilene
- Wanted: Former Abilene day care teacher among 4 being sought
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget