RANGER, Texas - One person died and five others are listed in critical condition following a Saturday crash near Ranger in Eastland County.
According to the Department of Public Safety, 43-year-old Bennie Lee Wright of Dallas was traveling at a high rate of speed on I-20 south of Ranger when his car left the roadway, went airborne off an overpass and then struck a concrete embankment.
A passenger, 47-year-old Gary Lee Dickerson died as a result. Wright is listed in serious condition at a local hospital as are the other passengers: 43-year-old Larry Barnard Wright, 40-year-old Demitrice Lashon McLemore, 31-year-old Earl C. Smith and 30-year-old Kevin Jerome Dickerson. All are from Dallas.
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen
- Mark Rowlett: Tracking continued afternoon and evening thundershower chances