COLEMAN COUNTY, Texas - A 54-year-old Coleman woman was killed in a single-vehicle accident Tuesday on State Highway 153, nine miles south of Talpa in Coleman County, according to a State Police news release.
Killed in the accident was Irene Rios Perez. Her body was taken to Stevens Funeral Home in Coleman.
Injured in the crash was passenger Robert Ortiveros Martinez, 45, of Coleman. Martinez was taken to Shannon Medical Center in San Angelo.
Perez was driving a 1994 Buick LeSabre west on SH-153 when she was unable to negotiate a curve and crashed through a fence and into a tree.
"The crash occurred at an unknown time during the night," the news release said. "A passerby noticed the vehicle after sunup and reported it to authorities."
Perez was pronounced dead at 8 a.m. Tuesday.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated
- Walter murder trial: 'Formality' in sentencing to call Abilene couple back to court Thursday