COLEMAN COUNTY, Texas - A 54-year-old Coleman woman was killed in a single-vehicle accident Tuesday on State Highway 153, nine miles south of Talpa in Coleman County, according to a State Police news release.
Killed in the accident was Irene Rios Perez. Her body was taken to Stevens Funeral Home in Coleman.
Injured in the crash was passenger Robert Ortiveros Martinez, 45, of Coleman. Martinez was taken to Shannon Medical Center in San Angelo.
Perez was driving a 1994 Buick LeSabre west on SH-153 when she was unable to negotiate a curve and crashed through a fence and into a tree.
"The crash occurred at an unknown time during the night," the news release said. "A passerby noticed the vehicle after sunup and reported it to authorities."
Perez was pronounced dead at 8 a.m. Tuesday.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide