A 51-year-old Haskell man is dead after a one-vehicle crash on FM 1080 southeast of Weinert, according to a Department of Public Safety news release.
Killed was Andrew Kipling Nemir. He wasn't wearing a seat belt. The body was taken to Smith Funeral Home in Haskell.
The vehicle was traveling east on FM 1080 shortly after noon on Monday when it hit standing water on the roadway. The driver lost control and ran off the roadway and struck a tree.
The crash is under investigation.
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen