A 51-year-old Haskell man is dead after a one-vehicle crash on FM 1080 southeast of Weinert, according to a Department of Public Safety news release.
Killed was Andrew Kipling Nemir. He wasn't wearing a seat belt. The body was taken to Smith Funeral Home in Haskell.
The vehicle was traveling east on FM 1080 shortly after noon on Monday when it hit standing water on the roadway. The driver lost control and ran off the roadway and struck a tree.
The crash is under investigation.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated