A 51-year-old Haskell man is dead after a one-vehicle crash on FM 1080 southeast of Weinert, according to a Department of Public Safety news release.
Killed was Andrew Kipling Nemir. He wasn't wearing a seat belt. The body was taken to Smith Funeral Home in Haskell.
The vehicle was traveling east on FM 1080 shortly after noon on Monday when it hit standing water on the roadway. The driver lost control and ran off the roadway and struck a tree.
The crash is under investigation.
- Updated Abilene police make urgent request for help finding missing elderly woman
- Updated Deadly accident in Callahan County, road closed
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, warmer weather & sunny skies expected
- Updated Rescue network brings adoptable dogs from Texas to Minnesota
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide
- Brownwood ISD's new calendar includes 3-day weekends every month
- Early man in jail for scamming elderly couple out of $15,000
- Brownwood raid leads to arrests for illegal drugs
- Brownwood takes steps to address wild hog problem at city field
- Brownwood man sentenced to 25 years for role in prison gang drug ring