STAMFORD, Texas - Stamford police say an 11-year-old boy who was shot by his stepfather last week is having his third surgery at University Medical Center in Lubbock soon.
The boy will have plastic surgery in the next couple of days to help repair the bullet wound on his thigh.
Stamford police said the child was caught in the middle of an argument between his mother and stepfather Michael Quinonez.
According to police, the boy was shot in the thigh after his mother told him to pick up a carton of cigarettes off the floor.
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Updated 2 men charged in shooting death of Dwyane Wade's cousin Nykea Aldridge
- Philippines: 5-year-old girl killed in drug war, Human Rights Watch says
- HPU baseball team collects donations for LA flood victims
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident