TAYLOR COUNTY, Texas - The 11th Annual Wild Bunch Bonanza BBQ and Auction takes place Saturday at 10 a.m. near Coronado's Camp west of Abilene State Park.
The barbeque and auction will benefit the ECCA Volunteer Fire Department. Proceeds from the last two years helped the department get a new brush truck.
"This allows us to replace worn equipment… this truck that we just received delivery on will replace the first truck that we ever put in service back in 1980," said Gary Young, chairman of this year's Wild Bunch Bonanza.
This year they hope to raise enough money to renovate a second brush truck. That truck will cost about $80,000 to remodel.
Only 450 tickets are sold each year. They cost $25 and usually sell out. There will be all kinds of food at the event, including everything from elk to goat. There will also be door prizes, items for auction and a live band.
You can purchase tickets in Abilene at B&B Pawn and Trading, The Muffler Shop and Steve Hall Jewelers. They are also being sold at Ray's Metal Works and Schuman Equipment in Tye.
- Son of former Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Updated Police: Chase from Amarillo ends with shooting in New Mexico
- Environmental groups raise concerns over West Texas oil find
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer