TAYLOR COUNTY, Texas - The 11th Annual Wild Bunch Bonanza BBQ and Auction takes place Saturday at 10 a.m. near Coronado's Camp west of Abilene State Park.
The barbeque and auction will benefit the ECCA Volunteer Fire Department. Proceeds from the last two years helped the department get a new brush truck.
"This allows us to replace worn equipment… this truck that we just received delivery on will replace the first truck that we ever put in service back in 1980," said Gary Young, chairman of this year's Wild Bunch Bonanza.
This year they hope to raise enough money to renovate a second brush truck. That truck will cost about $80,000 to remodel.
Only 450 tickets are sold each year. They cost $25 and usually sell out. There will be all kinds of food at the event, including everything from elk to goat. There will also be door prizes, items for auction and a live band.
You can purchase tickets in Abilene at B&B Pawn and Trading, The Muffler Shop and Steve Hall Jewelers. They are also being sold at Ray's Metal Works and Schuman Equipment in Tye.
- Updated Los Arcos restaurant to reopen Wednesday in Abilene
- Updated Crews battling wildfires in Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- High levels of ammonia in Texas home where some 430 animals found