ABILENE, Texas - Officials with Texas Parks and Wildlife introduced 15,000 fish to Lake Fort Phantom on Thursday.
The fish were hybrid striped bass, which are bred from lake bass and are a bass native to both fresh and sea water.
The bass were first introduced to the water slowly, then were put in the lake.
The fingerlings were only about an inch long.
Lake Fort Phantom is an Abilene lake faring better than many other area reservoirs. Still, it's only 40 percent of capacity.
- Updated Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Severe weather possible tonight, sunshine back tomorrow
- Updated Texas high school transgender wrestler wins regional title
- Updated Man arrested for slaying of Caldwell County woman
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide