ABILENE, Texas - Officials with Texas Parks and Wildlife introduced 15,000 fish to Lake Fort Phantom on Thursday.
The fish were hybrid striped bass, which are bred from lake bass and are a bass native to both fresh and sea water.
The bass were first introduced to the water slowly, then were put in the lake.
The fingerlings were only about an inch long.
Lake Fort Phantom is an Abilene lake faring better than many other area reservoirs. Still, it's only 40 percent of capacity.
- Updated 3 Big Country hospitals receive high marks from federal government
- Updated Abilene council members approve controversial rezoning ordinance
- Updated Brownwood business selling T-shirts to support law enforcement
- Updated Hillary Clinton: 'The sky's the limit'
- Updated Hundreds in Abilene run 5K race to support law enforcement