STEPHENVILLE, Texas - A 2-month-old girl kidnapped Friday in Stephenville has been found safe by police.
Latonya Suzzette McClain, 35, of Dublin was arrested on charges of aggravated kidnapping, a first-degree felony, after allegedly taking the child -- identified as Addalie Grace Christensen -- and fleeing on foot.
The baby was reportedly found, after police received a tip, at McClain's parents home just outside the Dublin city limits.
Police in Stephenville are asking for help in locating a woman who reportedly abducted a 2-month-old child from outside a home on Friday morning.
An Amber Alert has now been issued in the case.
The incident occurred about 10 a.m.
The child has been identified as being Addalie Grace Christensen.
According to the Stephenville Empire-Tribune, the child's mother was getting kids out of the car when a woman took the baby and fled on foot.
Police describe the suspect as being white, in her late 30s or early 40s, weighing between 200 and 300 pounds, with shoulder length dark blonde or light brown hair. Her hair was reportedly pulled back using a black or blue bandana, while she has on a long-sleeve white shirt – possibly a sweatshirt – and blue jeans.
The suspect allegedly demanded $5,000 after entering the home before fleeing with the 2-month-old child who was wearing a dark blue onesie with red and white stars – a red blow in her hair.
Anyone with information should call Stephenville police at 254-918-1273.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth