BROWNWOOD, Texas - DJ Allen, 21, was a upcoming bull rider from Brownwood. In February of 2009 Allen was on the way to a event when he crashed his car in a culvert. His body and car stayed there till is was found nearly two months later.
Now his parents Meridath and Joanne put on this annual event to keep his name tied to the sport he loved.
"He probably put more living in 21 years than most people do in 80, because he's one of the only people I know that actually got to do what he wanted to do every day of his life," said his father Meridath Sayles.
This event will take place on Saturday August 17 at 6:30 in the evening with a silent auction at Brownwood's Rodeo Arena. The riding will start at 7:30 p.m. There will also be mutton busting for the kids. Prizes include belt buckles, boots and cash.
"It brings us a lot of enjoyment and as long as we can keep doing it were going to keep doing it," said Sayles.
If you have any question about the event you can call Meradith Sayles at 325-998-7716.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Updated Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS