BROWNWOOD, Texas - DJ Allen, 21, was a upcoming bull rider from Brownwood. In February of 2009 Allen was on the way to a event when he crashed his car in a culvert. His body and car stayed there till is was found nearly two months later.
Now his parents Meridath and Joanne put on this annual event to keep his name tied to the sport he loved.
"He probably put more living in 21 years than most people do in 80, because he's one of the only people I know that actually got to do what he wanted to do every day of his life," said his father Meridath Sayles.
This event will take place on Saturday August 17 at 6:30 in the evening with a silent auction at Brownwood's Rodeo Arena. The riding will start at 7:30 p.m. There will also be mutton busting for the kids. Prizes include belt buckles, boots and cash.
"It brings us a lot of enjoyment and as long as we can keep doing it were going to keep doing it," said Sayles.
If you have any question about the event you can call Meradith Sayles at 325-998-7716.
- Updated Photo of Abilene veteran and his service dog goes viral
- Updated Justin Ross Harris sentenced to life for son's hot-car death
- 1 dead after 2 vehicles go into water-filled Texas sinkhole
- Iraan grad rounding up support from Texas cheerleaders after deadly bus crash
- Oakland fire death toll at 36, likely to climb as investigation continues
- 1 killed in crash on I-20 involving bus carrying high school cheerleaders
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Ballinger man arrested for ramming multiple patrol cars
- Thousands attend Brownwood Christmas parade