ABILENE, Texas - Abilene Animal Services has been called out to Kirby Lake several times for calls of animal dumping and abandonment. Just yesterday they found two 3-4 month-old puppies.
As part of an effort to stop things like this from happening, the Abilene City Council announced November is Animal Abuse and Cruelty Awareness Month in Abilene.
Animal dumping is against state law and is a class A misdemeanor. Offenders could face fines and/or jail time.
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen