ABILENE, Texas - Abilene Animal Services has been called out to Kirby Lake several times for calls of animal dumping and abandonment. Just yesterday they found two 3-4 month-old puppies.
As part of an effort to stop things like this from happening, the Abilene City Council announced November is Animal Abuse and Cruelty Awareness Month in Abilene.
Animal dumping is against state law and is a class A misdemeanor. Offenders could face fines and/or jail time.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Updated Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- 3 suspects sought by Abilene police
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth