ABILENE, Texas - Abilene Animal Services has been called out to Kirby Lake several times for calls of animal dumping and abandonment. Just yesterday they found two 3-4 month-old puppies.
As part of an effort to stop things like this from happening, the Abilene City Council announced November is Animal Abuse and Cruelty Awareness Month in Abilene.
Animal dumping is against state law and is a class A misdemeanor. Offenders could face fines and/or jail time.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Reward offered for killer of 8-year-old Texas girl
- Hardin-Simmons to host regional in Division III basketball tournament
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program