COLEMAN COUNTY, Texas - An Abilene teen is in jail after being accused of beating another teen with the butt of a shotgun and kidnapping him.
Jordan Bailey Smaller-Hopper, 18, is charged with the aggravated kidnapping of a 17-year-old man.
According to the Coleman County Sheriff's Office, Smaller-Hopper got into an altercation with the teen Tuesday, March 11, in Coleman County.
He fired a shotgun at the 17-year-old and struck him with the butt of the gun.
Authorities said Smaller-Hopper then loaded the 17-year-old into a vehicle and drove him through parts of Brown and Callahan County before letting him out near Cross Plains. The 17-year-old was discovered at a convenience store.
Last Friday, Smaller-Hopper was arrested and charged with aggravated kidnapping. He remains in Taylor County jail with bond set at $50,000.
- Updated Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Updated 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Updated Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Updated HPU baseball team collects donations for LA flood victims
- Updated Lowe's Heroes gives back to the Disabled American Veterans