COLEMAN COUNTY, Texas - An Abilene teen is in jail after being accused of beating another teen with the butt of a shotgun and kidnapping him.
Jordan Bailey Smaller-Hopper, 18, is charged with the aggravated kidnapping of a 17-year-old man.
According to the Coleman County Sheriff's Office, Smaller-Hopper got into an altercation with the teen Tuesday, March 11, in Coleman County.
He fired a shotgun at the 17-year-old and struck him with the butt of the gun.
Authorities said Smaller-Hopper then loaded the 17-year-old into a vehicle and drove him through parts of Brown and Callahan County before letting him out near Cross Plains. The 17-year-old was discovered at a convenience store.
Last Friday, Smaller-Hopper was arrested and charged with aggravated kidnapping. He remains in Taylor County jail with bond set at $50,000.
- Calais 'Jungle': Demolition of massive migrant camp to begin
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- KTXS Forecast: Cloud cover temporarily increases for Tuesday
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer