COLEMAN COUNTY, Texas - An Abilene teen is in jail after being accused of beating another teen with the butt of a shotgun and kidnapping him.
Jordan Bailey Smaller-Hopper, 18, is charged with the aggravated kidnapping of a 17-year-old man.
According to the Coleman County Sheriff's Office, Smaller-Hopper got into an altercation with the teen Tuesday, March 11, in Coleman County.
He fired a shotgun at the 17-year-old and struck him with the butt of the gun.
Authorities said Smaller-Hopper then loaded the 17-year-old into a vehicle and drove him through parts of Brown and Callahan County before letting him out near Cross Plains. The 17-year-old was discovered at a convenience store.
Last Friday, Smaller-Hopper was arrested and charged with aggravated kidnapping. He remains in Taylor County jail with bond set at $50,000.
- Abilene trailer park tenants receive water termination notice
- Police investigating north Abilene burglary, witnesses give description
- Man arrested after leading police on chase in north Abilene
- Girl scouts pick up thousands of boxes of cookies for 2017 season
- Gun and knife show returns to Abilene this weekend
- Big Country man recognized with award for act of heroism
- Woman convicted of murdering Abilene police officer files appeal
- DPS identifies 2 arrested after high-speed chase on I-20
- Jury sentences Ranger man to 99 years in prison for mid-2016 murder
- Man jailed in Callahan County after chase, stolen truck crashes into DPS unit