ABILENE, Texas - Police say Joseph Fowler -- during January of last year -- was recklessly handling a gun when it went off, killing 16-year-old Michael Huffman.
On Friday, District Judge Thomas Wheeler found Fowler guilty of criminally negligent homicide.
Fowler will be sentenced in 30 days and could face up to two years in jail.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't
- Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family