SARALAND, Alabama - Baptists from across the Big Country who are members of the Texas Baptist Church Builders are hard at work in Alabama this week.
The church in Saraland, Ala. burned to the ground in October.
The group of Texans had many from the Big Country represented, including some from Pioneer Drive Baptist Church in Abilene.
After just two days of construction the walls, the roof, and even the steeple are up now.
The group rebuilds a church every June.
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Texas officer found dead at law enforcement shooting range