SWEETWATER, Texas - Awards for the The American Junior Rodeo Association were given out Sunday.
Participants were given awards, belt buckles, saddles, and cash prizes for competing.
The event was held July 30th through August 3rd at the Nolan County Coliseum in Sweetwater.
Organizers of the event want competitors to learn to win and lose.
"They come here, putting themselves, their talent on the line every time they walk in, ride in that arena and sometimes it works out and sometimes it does not," said Mary McMullan, American Junior Rodeo Association Secretary Manager.
During the season, the AJRA will hold around 16 rodeos.
The new season begins on September 1.
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Updated Abilene police officer murdered one year ago
- Updated City of Abilene addresses high water bills
- Updated Businesses near Big Country lakes hoping for big Labor Day turnout
- Updated Abilene hobby shop owner talks new drone regulations