SWEETWATER, Texas - Awards for the The American Junior Rodeo Association were given out Sunday.
Participants were given awards, belt buckles, saddles, and cash prizes for competing.
The event was held July 30th through August 3rd at the Nolan County Coliseum in Sweetwater.
Organizers of the event want competitors to learn to win and lose.
"They come here, putting themselves, their talent on the line every time they walk in, ride in that arena and sometimes it works out and sometimes it does not," said Mary McMullan, American Junior Rodeo Association Secretary Manager.
During the season, the AJRA will hold around 16 rodeos.
The new season begins on September 1.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- 7 tornadoes reported Tuesday in Big Country
- DPS identifies 2 killed, 1 injured in Jones County rollover crash
- Exclusive video: Knox County tornado
- 'Witness' in Hamlin murder confesses to deadly shooting
- Tornadoes, hail, flooding: Tuesday's severe storms caught on camera