ABILENE, TEXAS - A young child drowned Wednesday at a home in Anson.
Anson police tell KTXS they responded to a residence on County Road 380 about 1:20 p.m. Wednesday.
They're not releasing much information about what happened. They do tell us Child Protective Services is helping police with the investigation and the child is 3 years old.
The body of the toddler has been sent to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner for an autopsy.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated