ANSON, Texas - Austin Garrett, the Anson father accused of child endangerment in the drowning his two year-old son in early June, was indicted Wednesday.
According to the Jones County District Attorney, Austin Garrett was charged with second degree felony child endangerment and abandonment. He was arrested June 25 and booked in the Jones County Jail on a $75,000 bond, until he was released on that bond July 8.
The incident happened on June 4. Police said Garrett was inside his house playing video games while his son and younger brother were playing outside. His 11-year-old brother came inside to get a glass of water, leaving the two-year-old alone.
Police said Garrett and his brother came back outside and found the two-year-old, Brendyn, drowning in the pool. Garrett began performing CPR and paramedics continued once arriving on scene. Brendyn was pronounced dead after arriving at the hospital.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide