ANSON, Texas - Austin Garrett, the Anson father accused of child endangerment in the drowning his two year-old son in early June, was indicted Wednesday.
According to the Jones County District Attorney, Austin Garrett was charged with second degree felony child endangerment and abandonment. He was arrested June 25 and booked in the Jones County Jail on a $75,000 bond, until he was released on that bond July 8.
The incident happened on June 4. Police said Garrett was inside his house playing video games while his son and younger brother were playing outside. His 11-year-old brother came inside to get a glass of water, leaving the two-year-old alone.
Police said Garrett and his brother came back outside and found the two-year-old, Brendyn, drowning in the pool. Garrett began performing CPR and paramedics continued once arriving on scene. Brendyn was pronounced dead after arriving at the hospital.
- Updated Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Updated Abilene man, 20, taken to hospital after motorcycle broadsides car
- Updated Leaders approve $105M renovation plan for Houston Astrodome
- Condemned Fort Worth killer of 2 gets January death date
- Children subject of Amber Alert found dead, mother arrested
- Fugitive Monday: Man, 27, wanted by Abilene police for parole violation
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Abilene man fires shot during fight with roommate
- Texas Roadhouse in Abilene donating to non-profit for cancer patients
- Man pleads guilty in connection with brutal 2014 Abilene murder, sentenced to life
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend
- Low enrollment causing Brookesmith ISD to look into restructuring