ANSON, Texas - Austin Garrett, the Anson father accused of child endangerment in the drowning his two year-old son in early June, was indicted Wednesday.
According to the Jones County District Attorney, Austin Garrett was charged with second degree felony child endangerment and abandonment. He was arrested June 25 and booked in the Jones County Jail on a $75,000 bond, until he was released on that bond July 8.
The incident happened on June 4. Police said Garrett was inside his house playing video games while his son and younger brother were playing outside. His 11-year-old brother came inside to get a glass of water, leaving the two-year-old alone.
Police said Garrett and his brother came back outside and found the two-year-old, Brendyn, drowning in the pool. Garrett began performing CPR and paramedics continued once arriving on scene. Brendyn was pronounced dead after arriving at the hospital.
- Updated Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Updated Endwell, New York, wins Little League World Series
- Updated College Station police say 2 killed in apartment gunfire
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon pop-up showers possible each day this week
- Updated Dallas police squelch critics, questions about sniper attack