ANSON, Texas - Anson police have released the identities of the two women who died in a May murder-suicide.
Police confirm the victim was Mary Jane Toben, 73. They identified the shooter as 75-year-old Fay Elaine Hoesly.
The two were found dead in their separate apartments in government housing on Avenue K in Anson. Police were called to the scene on May 21 after someone smelled a foul odor.
The investigation revealed Hoesly shot Toben and Toben's dog before turning the gun on her own dog and herself.
Police told KTXS on Tuesday that Toben was in poor health. They believe Hoesly was her primary caretaker.
The two women had been friends since their early teens.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Updated Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- KTXS Forecast: Tracking another cold front
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend