ANSON, Texas - Anson police have released the identities of the two women who died in a May murder-suicide.
Police confirm the victim was Mary Jane Toben, 73. They identified the shooter as 75-year-old Fay Elaine Hoesly.
The two were found dead in their separate apartments in government housing on Avenue K in Anson. Police were called to the scene on May 21 after someone smelled a foul odor.
The investigation revealed Hoesly shot Toben and Toben's dog before turning the gun on her own dog and herself.
Police told KTXS on Tuesday that Toben was in poor health. They believe Hoesly was her primary caretaker.
The two women had been friends since their early teens.
- 'America' band member David Dickey passes away in Sweetwater
- Schools to rally behind Iraan cheerleaders and football players
- Sweetwater Christmas parade kicking off Monday night
- 1 killed in crash on I-20 involving bus carrying high school cheerleaders
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive