ANSON, Texas - Anson police have released the identities of the two women who died in a May murder-suicide.
Police confirm the victim was Mary Jane Toben, 73. They identified the shooter as 75-year-old Fay Elaine Hoesly.
The two were found dead in their separate apartments in government housing on Avenue K in Anson. Police were called to the scene on May 21 after someone smelled a foul odor.
The investigation revealed Hoesly shot Toben and Toben's dog before turning the gun on her own dog and herself.
Police told KTXS on Tuesday that Toben was in poor health. They believe Hoesly was her primary caretaker.
The two women had been friends since their early teens.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Updated Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS