AVOCA, Texas - Curtis Lynn Wampler, 41, of Aspermont was confirmed dead after an accident in Jones County on New Year's Day.
According to the Texas Department of Public Safety, the accident happened on Highway 6 near the FM 600 intersection near Avoca.
Wampler's car drove off the highway into a dry creek bed where it struck a concrete wall.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend