AVOCA, Texas - Curtis Lynn Wampler, 41, of Aspermont was confirmed dead after an accident in Jones County on New Year's Day.
According to the Texas Department of Public Safety, the accident happened on Highway 6 near the FM 600 intersection near Avoca.
Wampler's car drove off the highway into a dry creek bed where it struck a concrete wall.
- Updated Lowe's Heroes gives back to the Disabled American Veterans
- Updated Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Updated Cooper High School holds 2nd annual car show to benefit band
- Updated Texas man stung to death by bees
- Updated Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi