ABILENE, Texas - The Department of Public Safety is investigating a fatal crash in Callahan County that took place Tuesday afternoon.
The crash happened at 4:17 p.m. Tuesday on Interstate 20 near mile marker 321.
According to DPS, 60-year-old Kevin Scott Meador from Stephenville was driving eastbound when he lost control of his pickup and hit a guardrail.
Meador was taken to Eastland Memorial Hospital in Eastland. He was pronounced dead at 5:11 p.m.
The body was taken to Edwards Funeral Home in Eastland.
DPS said the weather was clear and the roadway was dry.
The crash is still under investigation.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Updated Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- 3 suspects sought by Abilene police
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth