ABILENE, Texas - The Department of Public Safety is investigating a fatal crash in Callahan County that took place Tuesday afternoon.
The crash happened at 4:17 p.m. Tuesday on Interstate 20 near mile marker 321.
According to DPS, 60-year-old Kevin Scott Meador from Stephenville was driving eastbound when he lost control of his pickup and hit a guardrail.
Meador was taken to Eastland Memorial Hospital in Eastland. He was pronounced dead at 5:11 p.m.
The body was taken to Edwards Funeral Home in Eastland.
DPS said the weather was clear and the roadway was dry.
The crash is still under investigation.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Reward offered for killer of 8-year-old Texas girl
- Hardin-Simmons to host regional in Division III basketball tournament
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program