ABILENE, Texas - Authorities are searching for a man who pointed a gun at an Allsup's Convenience Store clerk in Tuscola early Thursday.
Sgt. John Cummins with the Taylor County Sheriff's Office said the attempted robbery occurred at 12:24 a.m. as the clerk was gathering trash outside.
The clerk convinced the suspect that a sheriff's deputy was about to arrive. The suspect fled on foot and could not be located.
The clerk described him as a 6'1" male who weighs 160 pounds. He said the man was wearing all black clothing and was either wearing a black and white mask or had his face painted that way.
- Updated Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sentencing phase kicks off in murder trial of Abilene teen
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Police: Chase from Amarillo ends with shooting in New Mexico
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer