ABILENE, Texas - Authorities are searching for a man who pointed a gun at an Allsup's Convenience Store clerk in Tuscola early Thursday.
Sgt. John Cummins with the Taylor County Sheriff's Office said the attempted robbery occurred at 12:24 a.m. as the clerk was gathering trash outside.
The clerk convinced the suspect that a sheriff's deputy was about to arrive. The suspect fled on foot and could not be located.
The clerk described him as a 6'1" male who weighs 160 pounds. He said the man was wearing all black clothing and was either wearing a black and white mask or had his face painted that way.
- Teenage suspect arrested in Hamlin murder; 2nd suspect wanted
- Updated Abilene police ask for help identifying man who robbed 2 convenience stores
- House fires fought in north, south Abilene
- Big Country 15-year-old sells steer for $345,000
- 2nd Vernon College rodeo team member dies 8 days after Haskell County crash; 3rd death total
- Brownwood college rodeo raising funds for families of deceased Vernon College students
- Brownwood teen gets 50 years in prison for murdering parents
- Sears Hometown in Early to remain open despite company's woes
- Scoreboard at Gordon Wood Stadium in Brownwood to be replaced
- Brownwood ISD considering random drug testing for extracurricular activities