ABILENE, Texas - Authorities are searching for a man who pointed a gun at an Allsup's Convenience Store clerk in Tuscola early Thursday.
Sgt. John Cummins with the Taylor County Sheriff's Office said the attempted robbery occurred at 12:24 a.m. as the clerk was gathering trash outside.
The clerk convinced the suspect that a sheriff's deputy was about to arrive. The suspect fled on foot and could not be located.
The clerk described him as a 6'1" male who weighs 160 pounds. He said the man was wearing all black clothing and was either wearing a black and white mask or had his face painted that way.
- Updated Texas gunman had 2 weapons, thousands of rounds at scene
- Children subject of Amber Alert found dead, mother arrested
- KTXS Forecast: Isolated sprinkles possible then drying afternoon
- Updated North Texas son, 18, gets life in prison for killing parents
- Updated Fugitive Monday: Man, 27, wanted by Abilene police for parole violation
- Texas Roadhouse in Abilene donating to non-profit for cancer patients
- Man pleads guilty in connection with brutal 2014 Abilene murder, sentenced to life
- Abilene man fires shot during fight with roommate
- $4,000 TV stolen during burglary of Abilene apartment
- More Abilene convenience store robberies reported
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend
- Low enrollment causing Brookesmith ISD to look into restructuring
- Firefighters respond to house fire in Clyde, rescue dog