SCURRY COUNTY, Texas - Investigators are staying tight-lipped about a body found in Scurry County Saturday afternoon.
Authorities are calling the location a crime scene and said they may not release where the remains have been sent because they don't want the medical examiner overwhelmed with phone calls.
Last night the FBI, Texas Rangers, and Department of Public Safety ended their search for evidence and skeletal remains in a remote area near Lake J.B. Thomas where the body was found.
It is an area covered with mesquite trees and cactus that can only be accessed on foot.
Law enforcement has not released the age or gender of the remains at this point. It could be days or even weeks before a positive identification is made.
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death
- New Mexico governor: 10-year-old girl's death worst she's seen
- Updated Mark Rowlett: Tracking continued afternoon and evening thundershower chances