SCURRY COUNTY, Texas - Investigators are staying tight-lipped about a body found in Scurry County Saturday afternoon.
Authorities are calling the location a crime scene and said they may not release where the remains have been sent because they don't want the medical examiner overwhelmed with phone calls.
Last night the FBI, Texas Rangers, and Department of Public Safety ended their search for evidence and skeletal remains in a remote area near Lake J.B. Thomas where the body was found.
It is an area covered with mesquite trees and cactus that can only be accessed on foot.
Law enforcement has not released the age or gender of the remains at this point. It could be days or even weeks before a positive identification is made.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking