BAIRD, Texas - On Wednesday morning, schools in Baird were locked down while authorities apprehended a man who fled from a traffic stop .
Callahan county deputies say Marvin Lopez Rivera was in this country illegally.
They say he fled after a traffic stop near 7th and Market, that prompted the school lockdown.
He's being held on an I.N.S. detainer. He's also charged with evading arrest, and he's facing a drug charge. Authorities believe he had an illegal version of the synthetic marijuana, K2, on him.
Classes went back to normal in Baird around 10 Wednesday morning.
- Updated Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash
- 2 Texas death row inmates lose at US Supreme Court
- KTXS Forecast: Sunshine sticking around but cooling down closer to normal later this week
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot