ABILENE, Texas - Update 5:30pm : The Colorado river has crested. According to the Runnels County Sheriff, the evacuation orders have been lifted for Ballinger.
Authorities are moving to evacuate at least 200 residents in Ballinger due to major flooding, according to a spokesman with the Runnels County Sheriff's Office.
The National Weather Service issued a severe flood warning for the Colorado River and Elm Creek in Runnels County Saturday afternoon.
According to the National Weather Service, about four to five inches of rain fell along the river between Ballinger and Robert Lee Friday night.
The National Weather Service predicted homes in Northwest Ballinger would be most effected.
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck