ABILENE, Texas - Update 5:30pm : The Colorado river has crested. According to the Runnels County Sheriff, the evacuation orders have been lifted for Ballinger.
Authorities are moving to evacuate at least 200 residents in Ballinger due to major flooding, according to a spokesman with the Runnels County Sheriff's Office.
The National Weather Service issued a severe flood warning for the Colorado River and Elm Creek in Runnels County Saturday afternoon.
According to the National Weather Service, about four to five inches of rain fell along the river between Ballinger and Robert Lee Friday night.
The National Weather Service predicted homes in Northwest Ballinger would be most effected.
- Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017