BALLINGER, Texas - A 17-year-old Ballinger teen injured by a horse earlier this week has been declared dead.
Ashley Virden has been declared dead, but she remains on life support so her organs can be donated, a spokeswoman with Shannon Medical Center in San Angelo said Thursday night.
According to the Runnels County Sheriff's Office, Virden was bucked off a horse and then kicked in the head.
It happened while she was riding with her father near County Road 114 in southeast Runnels County.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget