BALLINGER, Texas - A 17-year-old Ballinger teen injured by a horse earlier this week has been declared dead.
Ashley Virden has been declared dead, but she remains on life support so her organs can be donated, a spokeswoman with Shannon Medical Center in San Angelo said Thursday night.
According to the Runnels County Sheriff's Office, Virden was bucked off a horse and then kicked in the head.
It happened while she was riding with her father near County Road 114 in southeast Runnels County.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide