BALLINGER, Texas - A 17-year-old Ballinger teen injured by a horse earlier this week has been declared dead.
Ashley Virden has been declared dead, but she remains on life support so her organs can be donated, a spokeswoman with Shannon Medical Center in San Angelo said Thursday night.
According to the Runnels County Sheriff's Office, Virden was bucked off a horse and then kicked in the head.
It happened while she was riding with her father near County Road 114 in southeast Runnels County.
- Updated Photo of Abilene veteran and his service dog goes viral
- Justin Ross Harris gets life for leaving boy in hot car to die
- 1 dead after 2 vehicles go into water-filled Texas sinkhole
- Iraan grad rounding up support from Texas cheerleaders after deadly bus crash
- Oakland fire death toll at 36, likely to climb as investigation continues
- 1 killed in crash on I-20 involving bus carrying high school cheerleaders
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Ballinger man arrested for ramming multiple patrol cars
- Thousands attend Brownwood Christmas parade