BALLINGER, Texas - A 17-year-old Ballinger teen injured by a horse earlier this week has been declared dead.
Ashley Virden has been declared dead, but she remains on life support so her organs can be donated, a spokeswoman with Shannon Medical Center in San Angelo said Thursday night.
According to the Runnels County Sheriff's Office, Virden was bucked off a horse and then kicked in the head.
It happened while she was riding with her father near County Road 114 in southeast Runnels County.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't
- Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family