BALLINGER, Texas - A 17-year-old Ballinger teen injured by a horse earlier this week has been declared dead.
Ashley Virden has been declared dead, but she remains on life support so her organs can be donated, a spokeswoman with Shannon Medical Center in San Angelo said Thursday night.
According to the Runnels County Sheriff's Office, Virden was bucked off a horse and then kicked in the head.
It happened while she was riding with her father near County Road 114 in southeast Runnels County.
- Updated Redevelopment for West Texas Hilton hotel opened in 1929
- Updated Video of black Texas woman thrown to ground sparks review
- Updated Police: McDonald's worker in Texas fired for refusing officer service
- Updated Police save Texas robbery suspect from burning car after chase
- Updated Building partially collapses in Hamlin