BANGS, Texas - The city of Bangs is ringing in the month of May with their 19th annual Mayfest.
Vendors were preparing and setting up all day Friday. Some of them had help with donations from the community.
"It makes me still have faith in the human race because I'm always amazed at how kind everybody is," Mayfest garage sale chairwoman Sharon Rambo said. "It's really wonderful."
Kathy Grubb from Abilene stopped by Mayfest for the first time this year and shared about the good deals she found.
"I found a bedside table for my son. I found a table with a scarf on it and I also bought a love seat for my house," Grubb said. Grubb said she already plans on coming back.
There's a new addition to this year's event: the first barbecue cook-off. It is expected to kick off tomorrow morning at 11.
Event coordinator Debbie Williams said the money raised from the cook-off will go towards the Bangs Museum.
Mayfest will be going on all day Saturday, May 4, 2013. Click here for a full schedule of Mayfest events and activities.
- Updated Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017