BIG SPRING, Texas - The National Weather Service will survey tornado damage in Big Spring on Monday, including what's left of Blake Thomas' home located 10 miles southeast of Big Spring.
Blake said he saw the tornado from the back of the house and took off running for an interior closet.
"The walls had come in," Blake said. "I bear crawled, with my dog, to the closet."
Fearing the worst, Blake called his father and said his goodbyes.
"The floor starting coming up underneath me," Blake said. "The whole house was bouncing. I felt walls collapsing all around me."
Video he shot moments after the tornado passed overheard shows the roof ripped off.
"I don't know why I went to that closet. But that's where I went," Blake said. "I'm just, in my mind, lucky to be alive."
Blake's house was destroyed along with six vehicles.
The National Weather Service says the storm produced at least two tornadoes in the Big Spring area.
- Love and Care Ministries unloads 13 trailers of donated items
- Abilene police may use DNA-based composites to solve crimes
- Police continuing search for Abilene car chase suspect
- Mission Thanksgiving kicks off for 19th year
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Former Abilene ISD teacher indicted for biting autistic student
- UPDATE: 911 'back up and running' in Brown County
- Blankinship's family says they can begin healing after suspect's arrest
- Pastor describes Ryan Riggs' murder confession at Brownwood church
- Brown County Sheriff: Murder suspect wasn't ‘on radar' until composite sketch released
- Brownwood murder suspect shared Facebook posts about victim in days after her death
- Parents of Brownwood murder victim break down in tears when talking about arrest of alleged killer
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country
- 106-year-old train depot in Snyder torn down
- Superintendent: Student detained after terroristic threat in Hawley ISD