SWEETWATER, Texas - Burlington Northern Santa Fe railroad is expanding their Sweetwater operation, building a new railway logistics center.
Railroad officials say the company is transforming its rail yard into it is calling a world-class home for energy industry shippers.
According to BNSF officials, the rail center will be a strategic location for shipping drilling materials into the Permian Basin and the Cline Shale area.
It's a $28-million investment by the railroad that should be ready by mid-2014.
- Updated Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Abilene Fire Department working house fire on Graham Street
- Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital