SWEETWATER, Texas - Burlington Northern Santa Fe railroad is expanding their Sweetwater operation, building a new railway logistics center.
Railroad officials say the company is transforming its rail yard into it is calling a world-class home for energy industry shippers.
According to BNSF officials, the rail center will be a strategic location for shipping drilling materials into the Permian Basin and the Cline Shale area.
It's a $28-million investment by the railroad that should be ready by mid-2014.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget