SWEETWATER, Texas - Burlington Northern Santa Fe railroad is expanding their Sweetwater operation, building a new railway logistics center.
Railroad officials say the company is transforming its rail yard into it is calling a world-class home for energy industry shippers.
According to BNSF officials, the rail center will be a strategic location for shipping drilling materials into the Permian Basin and the Cline Shale area.
It's a $28-million investment by the railroad that should be ready by mid-2014.
- Updated Foreign national leads high-speed chase, fires shots through Big Country
- Updated On Mexico trip, Trump leaves press stranded
- Updated City of Abilene receives 2,000+ complaints or comments about water bills
- Updated Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Updated August 2016 ties August 1914 as wettest in Texas
- Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Paint Creek reacts to Perry's Dancing with the Stars casting
- Businesses near Big Country lakes hoping for big Labor Day turnout
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season