SWEETWATER, Texas - Burlington Northern Santa Fe railroad is expanding their Sweetwater operation, building a new railway logistics center.
Railroad officials say the company is transforming its rail yard into it is calling a world-class home for energy industry shippers.
According to BNSF officials, the rail center will be a strategic location for shipping drilling materials into the Permian Basin and the Cline Shale area.
It's a $28-million investment by the railroad that should be ready by mid-2014.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Abilene City Council to consider payday loan restrictions
- Major businesses push back against Texas' proposed bathroom bill
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- KTXS Forecast: Warm & windy weather brings enhanced fire danger