BRECKENRIDGE, Texas - With a vote of 6-1, the Breckenridge school board officially hired Denton Guyer co-defensive coordinator Casey Hubble as its head football coach Friday night.
Hubble also served as Guyer's linebackers coach. Now he will have to continue and build off of what former head football coach Steve Freeman and keep Breckenridge playoff team.
Breckenridge (4-7, 3-3 district 4-2A Div. I) made the playoffs each of the four seasons under Freeman, and won nine games in 2010.
Breckenridge superintendent Jennings Teel pointed to Hubble's enthusiasm, intelligence and desire to win as reasons the new head coach stuck out among all the other candidates.
The Buckaroos will compete in district 4-3A Division I during the 2014-16 realignment. That district includes Bowie, Boyd, Brock, Paradise and Ponder.
Guyer won 4A Division I state titles in each of the last two seasons,
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene
- Updated Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck