BRECKENRIDGE, Texas - A fire at the chemical-making Chemplex plant about five miles south of Breckenridge rocked Stephens County on Monday.
According to the Breckenridge American, all 16 employees were accounted for at the plant that makes chemicals used in fracking operations – and no injuries were reported. All buildings remained intact.
Earlier in the day, big black smoke could be seen throughout Breckenridge.
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth
- Teen killed in Coleman County motorcycle-truck crash
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- Brookesmith school board selects interim superintendent
- Victim testifies against former chief in Anson sexual assault trial
- Clyde Intermediate School teachers save student from choking