BRECKENRIDGE, Texas - A fire at the chemical-making Chemplex plant about five miles south of Breckenridge rocked Stephens County on Monday.
According to the Breckenridge American, all 16 employees were accounted for at the plant that makes chemicals used in fracking operations – and no injuries were reported. All buildings remained intact.
Earlier in the day, big black smoke could be seen throughout Breckenridge.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated