From the Brownwood Bulletin and www.brownwoodtx.com:
By Steve Nash firstname.lastname@example.org
Law enforcement affidavits filed in Comanche County Justice of the Peace Johnny Conine's office describe a volatile and sometimes violent relationship between Michael Logan Lowery and his wife, Amber Lea Lowery, who, lawmen allege, has been killed by her husband.
Family members described Mike Lowery, 34, as a controlling individual who has received counseling for anger management, was "kicked out" of the Army for drug use and insubordination and was fired from several jobs because of his abuse of his wife while on the job, according to affidavits. At the time of Amber Lowery's disappearance, Mike Lowery worked two weeks on and two weeks off as an off-shore helicopter pilot.
Lowery made false statements to investigators about the circumstances of his wife's disappearance on July 23, affidavits allege. Amber Lowery, also 34, had previously worked as a helicopter for Air Evac Lifeteam in Brownwood.
Investigators were expected to begin searching the rural property near Rising Star, where the Lowery family lived, on Wednesday, according to the Facebook page Find Amber Lowery. That property is believed to contain Amber Lowery's body, affidavits state.
Lowery was arrested Tuesday night at the Brown County Sheriff's Office on a murder warrant and was transported to Comanche County Wednesday. Lowery's bond has been set at $1 million. It is not clear why Lowery was arrested in Brown County.
In addition to Mike and Amber Lowery, the family also consisted of their two sons, ages 5 and five months.
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Fire danger Tuesday with very warm and windy conditions
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck