BROWNWOOD, Texas - Today the Ark Shelter showed off their recently redecorated room in their Adopt-a-room program. The shelter is for abused men or women who need a safe place to stay. This program allows you to redecorate a room however you would like for one of their residents.
"Not only is this going to be really beneficial to our residents but it's fun," Volunteer and Program Coordinator, Mary Silver said.
She went on to say that she hoped to see more rooms adopted through the program. Silver says that seeing the drastic change before and after the redecorating is exciting. "It's just so much fun to step back when you see what it was like before and then see the new rooms, it's just exhilarating."
There are 7 rooms that still need to be redecorated. Kohler company has already committed in helping with this program.
"The rooms here can be depressing," said Program Director, Christie Tongate, "we want to give [the clients] a better experience and give them a cheerful place to live that feels like home."
Any contribution to this program is tax deductible. If you would like to donate your time or money you can call Mary Silver at 325-643-2699 or contact her by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit their website where you can find a lists of items they need under the 'donate' tab.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS