MITCHELL, County - A 79-year-old California man was killed Thursday in a crash on Interstate 20 in Mitchell County.
The accident happened about five miles west of Westbrook.
According to the Department of Public Safety, Robert Beaufort Case of Homeland, Calif., was driving the wrong way in the westbound lane of the interstate when his car was struck head-on by an 18-wheeler traveling west.
Case died at the scene. The truck driver was treated and released from Mitchell County Hospital.
- Updated Man on Texas death row for killing 2 loses appeal
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Updated Teacher fired in West Texas after Internet post hired by another district
- Police ID West Texas man who died while hiking
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon