MITCHELL, County - A 79-year-old California man was killed Thursday in a crash on Interstate 20 in Mitchell County.
The accident happened about five miles west of Westbrook.
According to the Department of Public Safety, Robert Beaufort Case of Homeland, Calif., was driving the wrong way in the westbound lane of the interstate when his car was struck head-on by an 18-wheeler traveling west.
Case died at the scene. The truck driver was treated and released from Mitchell County Hospital.
- Updated Murder-suicide suspected in deaths of Texas councilman, wife
- Girl, 17, missing after police find three bodies at her home in California
- Poll: Clinton, Trump virtually tied headed into debate
- Sunday Forecast: Cold front bringing cooler temperatures, more rain
- Abilene Zoo celebrates Golden Zoobilation