CALLAHAN CO., Texas - The Texas Department of Transportation will soon be upgrading and installing safety lighting along some highways in Callahan county.
Work will begin in May in the intersection areas of Buck Creek Road/I-20, FM 603/I-20 and FM 2047/I-20 Business on the west side of Baird.
Work is expected to be complete by summer's end.
No lane closures are anticipated, but drivers are urged to use caution.
The project is estimated to cost about $443,000. Highway Intelligent Traffic Solutions Inc. of Lancaster will complete the project .
- Updated Construction to begin on Highway 351 in north Abilene
- Updated Endwell, New York, wins Little League World Series
- Updated College Station police say 2 killed in apartment gunfire
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon pop-up showers possible each day this week
- Updated Dallas police squelch critics, questions about sniper attack