CALLAHAN CO., Texas - The Texas Department of Transportation will soon be upgrading and installing safety lighting along some highways in Callahan county.
Work will begin in May in the intersection areas of Buck Creek Road/I-20, FM 603/I-20 and FM 2047/I-20 Business on the west side of Baird.
Work is expected to be complete by summer's end.
No lane closures are anticipated, but drivers are urged to use caution.
The project is estimated to cost about $443,000. Highway Intelligent Traffic Solutions Inc. of Lancaster will complete the project .
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash