CALLAHAN CO., Texas - The Texas Department of Transportation will soon be upgrading and installing safety lighting along some highways in Callahan county.
Work will begin in May in the intersection areas of Buck Creek Road/I-20, FM 603/I-20 and FM 2047/I-20 Business on the west side of Baird.
Work is expected to be complete by summer's end.
No lane closures are anticipated, but drivers are urged to use caution.
The project is estimated to cost about $443,000. Highway Intelligent Traffic Solutions Inc. of Lancaster will complete the project .
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated