BUFFALO GAP, Texas - Fire investigators say a devastating house fire near Buffalo Gap ignited in a nearby shed because of electrical problems.
Firefighters from several departments fought a fire at a home on County Road 336 Thursday night.
The fire started in a nearby shed about 6:45 p.m., spread to a garage, and then to the house. Three people and seven dogs were in the house when the fire started. All got out safely.
The house has extensive smoke, fire, and water damage.
Crews from the View, Buffalo Gap, Potosi, ECCA, and Jim Ned volunteer fire departments fought the fire.
As of 10 p.m. Thursday, crews were still on the scene watching for hot spots.
The Taylor County sheriff's department will be investigating the cause.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking