BUFFALO GAP, Texas - Fire investigators say a devastating house fire near Buffalo Gap ignited in a nearby shed because of electrical problems.
Firefighters from several departments fought a fire at a home on County Road 336 Thursday night.
The fire started in a nearby shed about 6:45 p.m., spread to a garage, and then to the house. Three people and seven dogs were in the house when the fire started. All got out safely.
The house has extensive smoke, fire, and water damage.
Crews from the View, Buffalo Gap, Potosi, ECCA, and Jim Ned volunteer fire departments fought the fire.
As of 10 p.m. Thursday, crews were still on the scene watching for hot spots.
The Taylor County sheriff's department will be investigating the cause.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth