BUFFALO GAP, Texas - Fire investigators say a devastating house fire near Buffalo Gap ignited in a nearby shed because of electrical problems.
Firefighters from several departments fought a fire at a home on County Road 336 Thursday night.
The fire started in a nearby shed about 6:45 p.m., spread to a garage, and then to the house. Three people and seven dogs were in the house when the fire started. All got out safely.
The house has extensive smoke, fire, and water damage.
Crews from the View, Buffalo Gap, Potosi, ECCA, and Jim Ned volunteer fire departments fought the fire.
As of 10 p.m. Thursday, crews were still on the scene watching for hot spots.
The Taylor County sheriff's department will be investigating the cause.
- Retired Texas teachers' health care premiums projected to double
- Updated Abilene mayor says city playing 'catch up' on roads
- Updated Teen flown to Abilene hospital after Sweetwater rollover crash
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Warm, quiet conditions to finish the week
- Updated Abilene man arrested for sexually assaulting woman who refused sex
- Abilene ISD bus barn ransacked during break-in
- Dyess Big Country AirFest to arrive at Abilene Regional Airport
- Abilene man arrested for sexually assaulting woman who refused sex
- Jury finds Abilene mother guilty of intentionally starving baby
- Country stars headed to Abilene for Outlaws and Legends music festival
- Event to fight hunger in Brown County offering soup, bowls
- Brown County Christian school gets anonymous donation to pay for safety signs
- Brownwood joins several Big Country cities in suspending hikes to energy rates
- Hendrick Surgery Center in Brownwood set to open in May
- Brown County DA getting new software to increase transparency