BUFFALO GAP, Texas - Fire investigators say a devastating house fire near Buffalo Gap ignited in a nearby shed because of electrical problems.
Firefighters from several departments fought a fire at a home on County Road 336 Thursday night.
The fire started in a nearby shed about 6:45 p.m., spread to a garage, and then to the house. Three people and seven dogs were in the house when the fire started. All got out safely.
The house has extensive smoke, fire, and water damage.
Crews from the View, Buffalo Gap, Potosi, ECCA, and Jim Ned volunteer fire departments fought the fire.
As of 10 p.m. Thursday, crews were still on the scene watching for hot spots.
The Taylor County sheriff's department will be investigating the cause.
- Updated Video shows man using stolen credit card at Abilene store
- Updated Circus acrobats tie the knot on tightrope during Texas show
- Updated Judge: Reagan shooter can leave hospital to live in Virginia
- Updated Abilene mother fears daughter, 12, victim of human trafficking
- Updated Suspect sought in death of Texas journalist, investor